Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Behave YOUrself

As I was walking home today, a thought struck me. Are people truly what they are when they are behaving the way they are? Yeah yeah, I'm not being stuipd, I recokon that all of us have facets. No one, not even me, will behave what we really feel. If not all the times, most of the times.

When your boyfriend/girlfriend buys you something and you think its hedious or look at it & go, does he/she really think THAT's ME? But you still say, wow I love it :). Why? Yes. There are your run of the mill reasons:

1. because I love him/her
2. I'm not the kind who can hurt people's feelings
3. He /she though of me and bought it, and I can't be rude?
4. I was too shocked to react?!
5. All of the above?

That's actually a small fragment of what I was thinking of. Really when your talking to someone, someone close to you; in anyway, do things change because your apart? And if things are one way when your there together in one-place and when you move away, what changes? Do we care to wonder? Or just react to what your getting from the other end. Sure, if someone was vauge to me or was just not at the same wave lenth or snobish I would probably come off similarly. But not if I have known you for long and now we act like we are talking to the 'rest of them'. Or have I?

Is that all there is to a person who you once were close to and never could think of him/her as 'rest of them', but are feeling like behaving or reacting to him/er the way you would with the 'rest of them', doesn't it make a difference t anyone?

Why are we so afraid to talk, to be YOUrself, and go around the thick 'uncomfyness' cloud? What will change?

"If you don't tell someone you love them, how will they know? " So true, but what if you do and you get rejected? Is THAT we are all afraid of? "It's better to have loved and lost, then to NEVER have loved" . How practical is that then ?

"If we discovered that we had only 5 mins left to say all that we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to stammer that they loved them" - Christoper/ Norley. Will they really? Let's see what I'd do, uummmm... lie down and take a nap?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home