Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Never Say Never

Many times we use many idiom expressions just because they sound right at that point of the conversation or to make you sound worldly or simply "cool". However, it seems a lot of these idioms have depth. For instance, “never say never”. As a kid I remember using it just because it sounded so different n cool and it sounded like I’m abreast of the English lingo. But what I never realized was that it’s SO true in real life. Especially in mine.

When I was younger I always thought I would never measure up to go aboard, but I did.

When I was studying I never thought I would every complete with a passing grade. I did, and some more. That actually opened up a lot opportunities for self-discovery. You have no idea!

When I saw my aunt passed away, v young, because of how she was un-healthy and over-weight and I thought to myself “THAT would never be me”. Today I am. Unhealthy AND over-weight.

When I moved out of Minneapolis I was certain I left for good. And when I was in that “looking-for-a-job” part of my life Minneapolis pulled me right back.

The world never thought that the U.S.A could have black President OR a President who is a woman. In 2009 we saw both candidates who were black AND a woman run for President. And Obama won.

So the next time you say “even if you/it were the last....” watch out cuz if just might happen ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home